Facebook timeline cover image
On March 30 all pages will automatically get the new design, but let's show your stakeholders that you are ahead of the pack and update your page now. Be sure to keep your page in preview until you have tried and tested everything.
Every page will now have this amazing space in which to showcase a cover image. This means you need a cover image. Let’s be creative and experiment with images your audience responds well to!
What size is Facebook's cover picture? The cover picture is a juicy 851px x 315px.
As per Facebook's guidelines, cover images must not contain:
- Price or purchase information, such as "40% off" or "Download it at our website"
- Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page's About section
- References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
- Calls to action, such as "Get it now" or "Tell your friends"
- Covers must not be false, deceptive or misleading, and must not infringe on third parties' intellectual property.
- You may not encourage or incentivize people to upload your cover image to their personal timelines.
Cover images can contain:
- A popular menu item
- A showcase of your favourite product photos
- Album artwork
- Picture of people using your product
I cannot thank you enough... I now get quite excited to plan out my weekly social media strategy! Your setup strategy and coaching has been invaluable and we have already doubled weekly visits to our page.
Executive Manager - Hillstone St Lucia, hundred acre bar & Hillstone Catering